Are you interested in traveling to Pignon, Haiti with Promise for Haiti? Promise for Haiti has the capacity to host medical mission organizations and medical teams, church mission trips, professionals, and training teams in Pignon. We host teams and interested individuals for short term trips, and also have the ability to host longer-term stays. The first step in any case is to contact our Volunteer Coordinator to begin the application process for your missionary trip to Haiti.
Enter into a life-changing experience by volunteering in Haiti. A typical trip lasts for roughly a week and can take many shapes and forms. From working in the Hospital Bienfaisance, hosting a Vacation Bible School, or working at our schools, a trip can open your team's eyes to a new culture and give the opportunity to serve our neighbors in Haiti!
See the calendar link below to check on specific availiable dates, and click on the resources below for all materials related to our trips. If there are other areas in which you desire to serve (clean water, agriculture, agronomy, etc.) or you have further questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.
- We provide dorm space with clean linens for volunteers to stay at a cost of $50 per night. This also includes three meals per day and supports a Haitian Liaison to help your team to navigate while in Pignon.
- We also have a mission house for longer term missionaries who prefer to work for one month or longer.
- Fill out the Traveler Application Form ONLINE - OR - Download, sign, and return the Volunteer Application Form / Waiver & Release Agreement
- Fill out theTraveler Fee Form ONLINE with Automatic Payment - OR - Download the Traveler Fee (aka Per Diem) Collection Form to send via regular mail
- TEAM LEADERS PLEASE Submit the Volunteer Team Registration Form ONLINE
- Download and read the Traveler Manual
- Medical Teams download and read the Medical Travel Manual.
- Travel to Pignon REQUIRES the following (Submit your proof of insurance to the Travel Coordinator by email above)
- Register your trip with the US Embassy: Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- Purchase Medical & Evacuation Insurance (required) - Gallagher Charitable
- Current Passport (6 months prior to expiration) & No Visa Required
- Adherance to CDC disease prevention advice for travel
- The Haitian Government will collect $10 for people traveling with a US passport upon arrival
- PLEASE NOTE: Haiti IS NOT recognizing daylight savings time. This may affect flight schedules so check them closely.
- Air travel to Haiti
- International travel can arrive in Port au Prince or Cap Haitian on Domestic Air (American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue)
- We recommend travel to Port au Prince due to unpredictable roads between Cap Haitian and Pignon at this time
- Missionary Flights International (MFI) will fly from Fort Pierce, Florida to Pignon (with stopover in Cap Haitian)
- Transportation to Pignon
- Missionary Aviation Flights (MAF)- please note you will need to arrange travel to and from the Port au Prince terminal to the MAF after you have completed customs. To arrange for this travel please email our Haitian coordinator Noel Marie Adele.
- Via MFI (see above)
- Via car/van/bus: travel arrangements can be made by contacting our Haitian coordinator Noel Marie Adele
- Hotels near the airport in Port au Prince
- La Maison (The closest. Just a step from International Airport and the Guy Malary Airport with Domestic & Charter Flights).
- Free shuttle transportation to and from airport. Phone (Haiti) 509-2813-1067 / 2813-1068 Phone (US)1-305-517-5503 Double room : US $ 143.- (breakfast is included) / Standard room : US $ 88.- (breakfast is included) Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visa Lodge
Phone (Haiti) 509-2813-0777 / 2812-2814 / 2813-2815Email: email@example.com
Phone (US) 1-305-422-1588